It’s our favorite time of year! Time to talk turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and wines to go along with Thanksgiving dinner. What are your Thanksgiving food traditions? What do you do to freshen up your holiday meal every year? We’re sharing ideas and stealing tips from Chris Prosperi, a man who makes Thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of people every year. We’re big believers in stress-free holidays, so we’ve asked Lucinda Scala Quinn to share her “Straight-Talk Turkey” recipe, which is about the simplest bird you’ll ever roast. Plus, Faith offers up a make-ahead Shrimp and Pineapple Salsa Wrap to sub in for the rich appetizers you normally put out before the feast. Why overwhelm people? Recipes for Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes, Buttery Spice Poached Pears, an easy weeknight Trout, and a juicy $12 Pinot Noir to serve all through the holidays—all coming your way. Let’s get this holiday party started!
Aired: November 7, 2019, (Previously aired November 3, 2016 and November 9, 2017)
Photo: Straight-Talk Turkey by Lucinda Scala Quinn, Photo by Jonathan Lovekin
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Lucinda Scala Quinn, of Mad Hungry fame —author of Mad Hungry Family
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “I Can Make Your Hands Clap,” Fitz and the Tantrums
• “Mashed Potato Time,” Dee Dee Sharp
• “Mashed Potatoes,” James Brown
• “We Are Family,” Sister Sledge (Groove Version)
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway