We’re holding on to summer with a celebration of everything that’s abundant in the market right now. We’ve got summer salad recipe ideas for your next party. Think: watermelon and shaved vegetables. Plus, rosé sangria (two ways!), and cookbook author and teacher Domenica Marchetti preserves fruit and vegetables the real Italian way. You can too. Domenica also shares a burger recipe she tops with an onion jam you’ll want to eat by the spoonful. Also this week, we sip a dry $9 rosé from the Bordeaux region that we say begs for experimentation. Make it a spritzer, add a little blood orange liqueur to it, make it into ice cubes. The possibilities are endless.
Aired: August 22, 2019 (originally aired August 31, 2017)
Photo: drewzviews/Flickr, creative commons
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Domenica Marchetti — author of Preserving Italy
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Sangria,” Blake Shelton
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Funk in a Mason Jar,” Harvey Mason
• “Endless Summer,” Oceana
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway