Everyone seems to love grilled beef tenderloin, especially one that has developed a crust from the grill. Getting that crust is easier than you think. And, as you can see from the recipe below, the horseradish sour cream sauce comes together in about 90 seconds. Happy eating.
For the beef tenderloin
- 1 5 lb. cleaned beef tenderloin (5 lbs. is an average)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup course ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. salt
- 4 Tbs. oil
For the horseradish sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbs. course ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- Heat grill on high heat.
- Clean excess fat and sinew off tenderloin.
- Combine oil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt in bowl.
- Coat tenderloin with herb mix.
- Grill all sides of tenderloin, turning often about 18-20 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 125.
- Let rest for 30 minutes and serve sliced with horseradish sour cream sauce.
Tracey Long says
This was my first attempt at putting a beef tenderloin on my green egg, and this turned out wonderfully. It was the crowd winner at our dinner party, and weeks later friends are still talking about it. Note: putting on the tenderloin on grill at room temperature is very important. Also, checking temp with your thermometer after about 15 minutes as the beef is getting a good char, take off the grill at 140 degrees. No more than that, and let rest to continue to cook.
Robyn Doyon-Aitken says
Yes! Chris will be so happy to hear this. Glad it worked out for your party.
This was delicious! I made it over the weekend and hear me out…. I used beet horseradish (it was what was in the fridge) and it came out so well!!! Thanks for sharing!