We’re celebrating everybody’s favorite brunch cocktail, the bloody Mary, with recipes for the Classic, as well as some sweet and savory spins. Brian Bartels, author of the book, The Bloody Mary, shares recipes for a Barbecue Bloody Mary and the wild PB&J Bloody Mary. Inspired, Faith creates a Puttanesca Bloody Mary with a spicy vodka from Waypoint Spirits in Bloomfield, CT. And Alex Province pours a rich white rhone, a $14 Clos des Lumières L’eclat that we fell in love with. Plus, one of our favorite farmers and cooks, Susie Middleton (formerly of CT), shares recipes from her cookbook, Simple Green Suppers.
Aired: May 21, 2020 (Segments of the show originally aired on March 13, 2017 and May 4, 2017 and were remixed)
Photo: © 2017 by Eric Medsker
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Brian Bartels —author of The Bloody Mary
• Suzie Middleton — author of Simple Green Suppers
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Proud Mary,” Tina Turner
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
• “The Avocado Song,” Alton Eugene
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway