It’s a Bloody Mary Party! We’re celebrating everybody’s favorite brunch cocktail with recipes for the Classic Bloody Mary, as well as some sweet and savory spins. Brian Bartels, author of the new book, The Bloody Mary, shares recipes for a Barbecue Bloody Mary and the wild PB&J Bloody Mary. Inspired, Faith creates a Puttanesca Bloody Mary with a spicy vodka from Waypoint Spirits in Bloomfield, CT. Alex Province pours a rich white rhone, a $14 Clos des Lumières L’eclat that we fell in love with. And, we’ve got news about two must-see documentaries. Faith hosts a documentary about the life of Carla Squatrito for CPTV, and Jim O’Connor joins us in the studio to talk about his documentary, Food Haven. Food Haven, a passion project, highlights the restaurants, restaurateurs, farmers’ markets, food trucks, and artisans that make New Haven such a great place to live, work, and eat.
Aired: April 13, 2017
Photo: © 2017 by Eric Medsker
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Brian Bartels —author of The Bloody Mary
• Jim O’Connor —filmmaker, Food Haven
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Proud Mary,” Tina Turner
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “This City,” Patrick Strump
• “Fun Day,” Chan Redfield/Royalty Free Music (From the film Food Haven)
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway