Mark Bittman joins the party with grilling tips and recipes from his cookbook, How to Grill Everything. Think: the perfect steak, a whole chicken (spatchcocked with garlic, parsley, and orange), and grilled veggie stacks with a citrusy ricotta butter. Chris Prosperi introduces us to a sparkling rosé in a can (and we loved it!). Plus, Netta Hadari—a New Haven local—makes phenomenal ice cream from pure ingredients. Netta’s business, an ice cream cart (peddled around on a tricycle), is called What Is Real? Ice Cream. We’ll take a triple scoop!
Aired: June 13, 2019 (Originally aired June 28, 2018)
Photo: The Perfect Steak Photo © 2018 by Christina Holmes
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Netta Hadari — classical violinist and founder of What Is Real? Ice Cream
• Mark Bittman — author of How to Grill Everything
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Pink Champagne,” Ariana Grande
• “Ice Cream,” Michael Hearst
• “Banana Split for My Baby,” Louis Prima
• “Ring of Fire,” Johnny Cash
• “Fire,” Kasabian
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway