Faith’s got a tip that makes shucking corn on the cob faster and easier. Plus, recipe ideas for corn (including a corn BLT), our favorite corn stands, a food-friendly Sauvignon Blanc, and Tess Masters—a.k.a. The Blender Girl—joins the party to talk about her new book, The Perfect Blend, and share recipes for Avocado Daiquiris, Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho, and Minty Pea Shooters. Finally, Faith shares the Melissa Clark salmon recipe she can’t stop making.
Aired: July 20, 2017
Photo: ©2016 by Anson Smart
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Tess Masters — author of The Perfect Blend
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Three Corn Patches,” Elvis Presley
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Shuckin’ the Corn,” Ray Lamontagne
• “Blender Blues,” Bonnie Raitt
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway