When you try Chris Prosperi’s recipe for easy corned beef, you might ask yourself, as we do, why eat this only on St. Patrick’s Day? It’s a delicious thing for a party.
- 3 pounds corned beef raw with spice packet cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups onions 1 1 inch dice
- 1/2 pound carrots cut into large pieces
- 1 pound red potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 cups beef broth low sodium
- 1 head cabbage cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mustard whole grain
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place the corned beef and spices from the packet in the crock pot. Top with the diced onion, chopped carrots, whole red potatoes and chopped cabbage. Pour in the beef broth then cover the pot and set the heat to low. Cook for 8 – 10 hours. Then mix the mustard and sour cream together and set aside. Divide into bowls and serve mustard sauce on the side.
Leave a Reply