Charlotte Druckman, the author of Stir, Sizzle, Bake joins The Food Schmooze® party with recipes for your cast-iron skillet (LOVE!). We’ll talk to Charlotte about her cheesy Colombian-style arepas, Frito-Crusted Cornbread, Carrot-Currant Crostata (what a combo!), and her Wholesome Apple-Quince Pie. We loved the idea of a skillet pie for Thanksgiving, or any fall gathering. Plus we’ll tell you how to pick the fastest line at the grocery checkout, thanks to a New York Times article, and share our own recipe ideas for the easiest late-summer ratatouille and an apple butter you can make in the slow cooker. It’s the perfect thing to make-ahead, freeze, and pull out for holiday appetizers or to give as gifts. It’s our late-summer spectacular, with a little bit of everything to bridge the seasons and get a jump on holiday cooking and homemade gifts.
Photo: Copyright © 2016 Aubrie Pick.
Aired: September 15, 2016
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Charlotte Druckman —author of Stir, Sizzle, Bake
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Patience,” Guns N’ Roses
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “California – Cast-Iron Soul,” Jamestown Revival
• “Cast-Iron Pan,” Putnam Smith
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway