Midnight, schmidnight, The Food Schmooze party’s ball drops well before the clock strikes 12. Join Faith and the gang for a food trends round up. What food predictions are you making for 2017? Plus the most tender slow-cooker brisket you’ve ever had, and Alex Province and Mark Raymond explain the difference between Champagne, Cava, and Prosecco so you can start the year with a sip of something you’re sure to love. Also, the author of How to Celebrate Everything, Jenny Rosenstrach makes us all food-nostalgic and shares her “fancy pants” New Year’s Eve dinner recipe. Three words: Lobster. Champagne. Butter. Jenny also and explains why making potato latkes (for a family dinner or a party) is SO worth it and shares recipes for classics like Chocolate Pudding Pie and her copy-cat Entenmann’s cake.
Aired: December 29, 2016
Photo: Potato Latkes, by Chelsea Cavanaugh
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Anthony DeSerio — cocktail expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Jenny Rosenstrach —author of How to Celebrate Everything
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Auld Lang Syne,” Straight No Chaser
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “No Scars to Your Beautiful,” Alessia Cara
• “TiK Tok,” Kesha
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway