A surprise ingredient is coming to a pizza near you. What could it possibly be? Also this week, New Yorker writer Adam Gopnik joins the party to talk about The Most Beautiful Room in New York, his new musical about food and family. Plus, Mark Raymond pours a summery rosé (yes, it’s affordable), and we revisit 2-ingredient cream biscuits for Mother’s Day because you want to stay on mom’s good side, don’t you? Faith also shares her recipe for Lemony Arugula Pasta with Prosciutto.
Photo: Taku/Flickr, creative commons
Aired: May 11, 2017
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Adam Gopnik —writer/lyricist, The Most Beautiful Room in New York
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Woman (Oh Mama),” Joy Williams
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “New York City,” Lenny Kravitz
• “Market Forces,” from the musical “The Most Beautiful Room in New York,” music by David Shire, lyrics by Adam Gopnik, performed by Darlesia Cearcy (in rehearsal)
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway