This week, more soup-as-a-meal recipes: Faith’s go-to curried lentil soup, a stress-reducing chicken soup, and an up-cycled seafood soup. Plus, low-salt, high-flavor cooking tips (as well as other tips from recent issues of our favorite food magazines), and Vanessa Seder, author of Secret Sauces, shares her Faux Aioli and recipes for sauces that elevate pork tenderloin and seared scallops. Alex Province introduces a Bordeaux blend, also called a Claret, you’ll want to pair with long-cooked beef and popovers or sip the next time you binge-watch Downton Abbey, Victoria, or The Crown. Pinkies up!
Aired: January 18, 2018
Photo: Pan-Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Fig and Balsamic Agrodolce by Stacey Cramp
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Vanessa Seder — author of Secret Sauces
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Cook For You,” Twinemen
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Dancin’ Time,” Mr. Scruff
• “Everybody’s Got a Secret,” AWOLNATION
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway