This week, we invent a Food Schmooze® Shrimp Cocktail Bloody Mary with two local mixes, dream up grab-and-go combos for Ball jars (some sweet, some savory), sip on a rosé and a white wine from France, and share family recipes from Add a Pinch blogger Robyn Stone’s cookbook, based on her blog. Think: Southern classics lightened up—summery Citrus Shrimp, Lemon Meringue Pie with Mile-High Meringue, and a divine Georgia Peach Crisp. Plus, the gang gives shout-outs to locals making good food (and handy kitchen gadgets). We tell you where to eat in Mystic (ah, the views right now!), and Faith describes the best baba ganoush on the East Coast.
Aired: June 1, 2017, July 13, 2017, and July 11, 2019
Photo: © 2017 by Helene Dujardin
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Robyn Stone — author of Add a Pinch
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Funk in a Mason Jar,” Harvey Mason
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Summer Wine,” The Corrs feat. Bono
• “Georgia Peaches,” Lauren Alaina
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway